Research Ethics Committee
The Research Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine UGM has the task of examining ethically the research proposals that use animals as research subjects. The team was formed based on the FKH Dean Decree. The Research Ethics Committee review the research proposals submitted by researchers from FKH, faculties and units within UGM, or other research centers in Yogyakarta and surrounding areas. The team also assessed the scientific and methodological aspects of a proposal, because inappropriate research would lead to incorrect conclusions and it is unethical. At present, the chairman of the FKH Research Ethics Committee Team is Dr. drh. Hery Wijayanto, M.P. and its members are FKH lecturers, veterinary practitioners from outside, animal observers and law graduates.
The procedures for submitting ethical clearance (EC) to Research Ethics Committee are as follows:
Procedure for submitting Ethical Clearance (EC) to the Research Ethics Committee of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine UGM
- Fill in the official Application Form from FKH. Application Form can be downloaded from the FKH UGM official website on the Research menu.
- Submit the Application Form along with the research proposal to the FKH Research Ethics Committee secretariat (the proposal must contain the complete methodology and there is a signature from the supervisor and principal researcher/ person in charge of the research activity).
- Ethically, all research activities in the submitted proposal may not be carried out before the EC is approved. EC is issued in accordance with the date of signature of the Chairperson of the Research Ethics Committee in the EC letter.
- The Research Ethics Committee cannot provide EC for research that has already be held.
- The Research Ethics Committee is not responsible for the consequences of conducting research activities before the EC is approved.
- Research involving protected wildlife must attach a recommendation letter of research from Conservation and Natural Resources and Ecosystems (KSDAE) of the Ministry of Forestry.
- The Research Ethics Committee is not responsible for the licensing of the laboratory / location / research room / proposed activity.
Procedure for submission:
- Fill in the EC application form and submit a proposal, 3 copies each (application form can be downloaded from the official website of FKH UGM)
- Make a submission fee payment for ethical clearance of Rp.300.000,00 to the Account. BNI No. 9888809014160003 (KAF FKH Service Acceptance).
- Submit the EC Application Form and research proposal to the FKH Research Ethics Committee secretariat at the Department of Anatomy, V2 Building 1st floor (Mr. Sumijo, Contact Person: 082137559009)
- The Ethical Clearance letter is approved after going through the review and revision process.
- Ethical Clearance Certificates can be taken at the Research Ethics Committee Secretariat, by submitting payment receipts.
Ethical clearance application form download here