On May 5, 2018, the Aquatic Division of FKH UGM Farm Study Group (HSTP) , has conducted an internship in Mr. Hardiyat’s Gurame (Carp) Cultivation. Mr. Hardiyat gave his time and knowledge about his Carp Cultivation to the Aquatic Division of HSTP FKH UGM.
Mr. Hardiyat gave knowledge about how to choose a good gurame broodstock, which is by choosing the ideal broodstock. In male brooders, they should have large lips in order to make a nest well, while in female brooders, they should have rounded stomachs.
Gurame’s food are 99% leaves and 1% pellets. Excessive pelleting will make the eggs coated with fat and the quality decreases. The egg itself was checked one by one carefully so it will produce a good quality seeds.
In the Gurame Fish Farm, Mr. Hardiyat only provides gurame/carp good quality seeds, so the eggs will be better in the aspect of maintenance and quality,