Department of Reproduction & Obstetrics is part of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Universitas Gadjah Mada, which was established in 1949 in Yogyakarta. Learning, research, and community service are carried out both at the undergraduate (S1) and professional levels, which include the fields of obstetrics, gynecology, andrology, physiology and reproductive technology in livestock and pets. In the Department of Reproductive & Obstetrics there are obstetrics laboratories, research laboratories, and reproductive technology laboratories. Learning conducted under the Department of Reproduction & Obstetrics for undergraduate students includes topics of Reproductive Physiology, Obstetrics, Gynecology, Fertility and Infertility, and Reproductive Biotechnology.
The Department of Reproduction & Obstetrics has an ambulatory unit that provides services to livestock in DIY. In addition, it also serves animal semen inspection. The Department of Reproduction & Obstetrics also has a continuing education program which includes inseminator courses, pregnancy examination courses, ATR courses, sterility control courses, embryo transfer courses, and refresher courses in the field of animal reproduction.
At present the research being carried out covers the fields of reproductive technology, molecular biology, applied reproduction and dog reproduction.
Veterinary Profession Education Program
The Department of Reproduction & Obstetrics handles veterinary profession education in the field of reproduction, which is called Reproductive Co-assistant. The period of Reproduction Co-assistant is 6 weeks, with activities including preliminary lectures, in vitro practice in the laboratory, collection & processing of frozen semen practicum, practice of inspection and handling of livestock reproduction in the field, ending with seminars and final exam. Reproductive counselors are all lecture staffs in the Department of Reproduction and Obstetrics plus an extraordinary lecturer consisting of appointed veterinary practitioners.
- In vitro embryo production: (Goats, Cows and Cats).
- Application of reproductive technology: estrus synchronization, synchronization of ovulation, IVM, IVF, embryo transfer.
- Freezing Goat and Cat Cement with various kinds of Cryoprotectants.
- Improving Cryopreservation of Spermatozoa by limiting volume expansion during addition of Cryprotectants.
- Novel methods for increasing reproductive efficiency and profitability in goat production system in Indonesia.
- Natural methods for increasing reproductive efficiency in Etawah Crossbred goats in Indonesia.
- Effect of time of Artificial Insemination on Pregnancy rates and sex ratio in goats.
Prof. drh. Aris Junaidi, Ph.D. Dr. drh. Asmarani Kusumawati, M.P. drh. Agung Budiyanto, M.P., Ph.D. drh. Erif Maha Nugraha Setyawan, M.Sc., Ph.D.
Academic Supporting Staff:
Sri Fatonah Aprilianto
Tab 5 content goes here.